The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) is aimed at managers, supervisors and employee representatives are who based outside the UK. It is also intended for those who are embarking on a career in health and safety. The course provides a valuable foundation for further professional study.
Study Method & Duration
The NEBOSH International General Certificate can be studied via E-learning. You will be provided with course materials written by JMA which will also include study/revision/exam advice, support details and your study planner.
Support is offered by our expert health and safety tutors, whom you can contact by telephone or email. You will also have access to the Facebook group specifically for JMA distance learning students, where you can discuss any aspects of your studies with tutors and other students.
You can enrol at any time. The course can be studied in your own time, with total flexibility around your available hours.
Recommended study hours: 108 hours
This course is also available via our distance learning study method, we can also offer this course as an In-House course. Please contact us to discuss further.
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 – Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 – How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 – Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4 – Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5 – Physical and psychological health
- Element 6 – Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7 – Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8 – General workplace issues
- Element 9 – Work equipment
- Element 10 – Fire
- Element 11 – Electricity
What Has Changed
The course is now only two units (IG1 & IG2) and the content has been restructured and updated to reflect modern Health & Safety practices in 2020. The net result is a small reduction in the overall study hours.
The major change is with the assessment where there is now only one exam and one practical assessment.
Unit IG1 is examined by a formal 2 hour written exam (replacing IGC1)
Unit IG2 is assessed by a practical assessment (this is a longer assessment than the previous GC3)
What I will know once I have successfully completed the course
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- ILO key standards and requirements
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
What will I be able to do once I have successfully completed the course
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
The course now consists of 2 assessments
A 2 hour written paper to assess what you know
A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do based on your workplace
Both assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry
- London, United Kingdom
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- British Councils in other countries
Our pass rate for this course is over 90% and our candidates also achieve a high number of Credits and Distinctions.
The price of the course is £395 plus VAT and exam fees.
The price includes course materials and unlimited tutor support. Exam fees are additional.
Enrolling on to Phoenix Health & Safety’s NEBOSH International General Certificate entitles you to a wide range of student discounts with the NUS TOTUM card. Check if you’re eligible for over 200 student discounts.
MOD ELC Funding
ELC funding excludes course materials, these must be funded by the student. Please contact the JMA Sales team to confirm prices.
NEBOSH courses are provided in conjunction with: